Heavy Equipment Mechanic
$16.47 / hour and Full-time
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance activities on heavy and off-road equipment. Performs minor repairs on light-duty vehicles and trucks
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency)
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience performing essential job functions listed above which could include experience gained through a technical training program
- Must possess a Texas Class "A" Driver's License (CDL) or obtain within 90 days of employment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance work including changing oil and other fluids, greasing joints, and replacing filters on heavy equipment and some light-duty vehicles.
- Performs minor repairs including work on starters, alternators, brakes, belts, hoses, windshield wipers, and gasoline engines.
- Completes required work order paperwork.
- Conducts safety checks on all equipment.
- Assists in heavy equipment repairs and heavy equipment adjustments.
- Assists higher level mechanics on project work.
- Performs other maintenance duties.
- Transports vehicles of all types to work locations or repair vendors.
- Performs inventory, monitors check out/check in of parts, and identifies salvageable parts.
- May change/repair tires and wash equipment, as needed.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.